Practical Information

International air transport to Bali

Those of you flying in from abroad:

You will want to fly into Denpasar, Bali.

The Ngurah Rai International Airport is served by many international airlines. 

Airport code: DPS

You can check fares and offers on:

For cheaper flights you can fly to Singapore (2h30 flight from Bali) and then fly with AirAsia to Bali, that offers very cheap flights.


Please note:

To enter Indonesia, your passport must have a minimum of 6 months remaining validity and at least one full blank page. This is very important. They might not let you enter the country if your passport will expire within six months of your arrival in Bali.

On arrival you will likely have to show proof of a ticket to leave the country.


The currency is Indonesian Rupiah IDR.

Click here to check the exchange rates for your currency >


You will need a visa to enter Indonesia. Please check the visa requirements for Indonesia for your own country.

A free 30 day visa-on-arrival system is in place for most countries including Australia, Canada, US & EU citizens when you arrive at Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar, Bali.

Be careful to count ALL days including the day of arrival and departure to not overstay, as the government has increase the overstay fee to 1 million Rupiah per day (73USD).

If you plan to stay more than 30 days then you can either:

- take an extendable 30 days visa. It can be purchased for US$35 upon arrival. The system requires you to go to Denpasar and get fingerprinted and photographed to extend your 30-day visa at a cost of Rp.750,000 (Approximately US$60 and not including transport from Ubud to Denpasar). This trip can also take hours due to the nature of Bali and with our schedule being quite tight it would be easier to avoid altogether. 

- Apply for 60-day tourist visa with an Indonesian Embassy/Consulate well in advance of your departure to Bali as it can takes a few weeks to process. Although it is a bit of paperwork it is fairly straightforward and saves you a trip to the immigration office here. Please note, we highly recommend you apply for a 60 day tourist visa, not a ‘Social Budaya’ visa which requires a letter of sponsorship from an Indonesian company.

School of Sacred Life cannot provide this. A 60 day Tourist visa does not require a letter of sponsorship, so please be sure to specify this when you apply.

To check with an Indonesian Embassy/ Consulate in your country for the current visa regulations or to find an Indonesian consulate near you, please visit

Once your request has been validated, you will receive more details to organize your entire trip!